Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cold Turkey

As of Tuesday evening Zach has informed me in no uncertain terms that he is done nursing! It could be a small nursing strike I suppose, but it really seems like he has quit cold turkey! We were down to nursing only twice a day anyway. My only 'goal' with breastfeeding was to continue until it seemed like it was time to stop. So I guess I met that goal :) I have quite the mixed emotions about it though. It seems like this is the ideal way to wean your child - let him decide. I don't have to feel guilty about weaning too soon or listening to him cry because I won't feed him. Now I have to listen to him cry because I try to feed him! This weekend is his first birthday so I'm already having all the mommy emotions about that, now we add this on top of it. (Big sigh!) My little boy is growing up! I just need a few days to soak it all in and get used to it. A process I'm sure I will get to know very well.

1 comment:

Beth said...

WOW! Just one day decided to stop? M shows no signs of stopping, but I am going to try to let her wean herself too. Good for you continuing until he was ready to be done!!