
We hit a very important milestone in the Smith household this fall. We brought home our first goldfish! Zachary accomplished this all by himself at our parish festival. Grandma and Grandpa Smith were happy to give him some money to throw ping pong balls to try to get one in a gold fish bowl. (your typical carnival game) I figure, really what are the odds that my 2 year old will get one in? Seemed like a safe activity! The first round of throwing didn't go so well. But the second round Zach got the hang of it! He got one in! I was very excited for him until I realized that meant we were bringing a goldfish home with us! Zachary was so proud of his prize! He carried it around with him the rest of the time. We brought it home and even had a fish bowl stashed in one of our closets. I did my best to follow all the "how not to kill your goldfish" rules and we even went out to get some food for him. You may be able to guess where this story is going....Anyway, our little fishy lasted until about bedtime. Right before Zach was to go to bed, fishy was resting on the bottom of the bowl. Ironically, I think the fish food may have done him in! We said good night to fishy and I spend the rest of the night wondering how to explain to Zach that his fish was no longer alive! It took a few hours in the morning before he remembered he had a fish the day before. I told him that his fish wasn't feeling well and went back to his mommy and daddy. That seemed to satisfy him and he didn't seem too upset. Disaster averted! whew! In the end, it all makes for a great story and blog post and I don't have to keep a fishbowl clean!
No comments:
Post a Comment