Thursday, October 29, 2009
Justin Gregory Smith - Birth Story Part I
We welcomed Justin Gregory Smith into the world October 22nd, 2009. We had a scheduled c-section date and time, but our little boy decided for himself when he was to arrive. We are proud of him for it too! We were scheduled to start the c-section around 12:00pm on Thursday. At 9:00pm on Wednesday night my water broke as Mike and I were sitting on the couch in our living room! Thankfully we were prepared enough that we had our bags packed, were able to drop Zach off with his daycare provider (we love her!) and make it to the hospital around 10:30. As we sat in triage I was having mild contractions about 4 minutes apart. We were told the O.R. was occupied and so was the anesthesiologist. I thought, no problem I can handle some mild contractions for an hour or so until it's our turn. Mild contractions turned into major contractions which turned into pushing contractions all by 12:30. 3 1/2 hours after my water broke! Finally my doctor arrived, the O.R. was free and the anesthesiologist was available. I actually pushed for a bit with an epidural to see if this little guy would come out. Turns out he is stubborn like his brother. We headed into the O.R. around 2:00am and at 2:44am Justin was officially born. The rest is a blur :) He is perfectly healthy and a joyous addition to our family. More on our first visitors and our trip home in the next few posts.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He is SO beautiful!!!! I can't wait to meet him!
Wow! What a story! Noah's aunt jokes that when you want to see God's sense of humor, just make a plan. Guess Justin had his own timing in mind! Can't wait to meet the little guy and give his momma a big hug! Congrats on your house full of boys!
What a sweetie! OK, so the name is perfect, but every time I hear it I'm gonna think about that waiter in Merrillville. ;-) We can't wait to meet him in person! We're thinking that when we go to B-town for the holidays we'll stop and see you all if you're around. To be continued...
Post a Comment