We were very excited to be heading home the Saturday after Justin was born. Zachary hadn't been able to visit us at the hospital. We decided to have Mike's dad bring him to the hospital lobby so he could meet Justin, we could have a few quiet minutes of family time and we could all ride home together. It all worked out perfect and Zachary was so excited to meet his little brother. Tom told us how excited when we saw him at the hospital. It was too cute. Tom sent out the story in an email with pictures to family. Here it is:
When Megan & Justin were to be released from the hospital I took Zach to the lobby for his first look at his new little brother. Zach wasn't allowed to visit them in their room due to rules by the hospital concerning the swine flu. On the way to the hospital in the car I was asking Zach if he was ready to see his new little baby brother. He said that "baby is in mommy's belly." So I said "no baby is out!". Zach shouted "Baby is out! Drive faster Grandpa!"
I'm sure Mike had told him all about it but he didn't get the concept until he heard that the baby was out. We got to the lobby and he was very anxious for those elevator doors to open. He kept saying "Baby is out!" When the elevator doors opened he ran to Megan, who was still in the wheelchair and gave mommy a big hug. Then he said, I want to see the baby!" Then Zach said "He's cute!" and patted Justin on the head. The 4 of them rode him together, Zach's carseat no longer in the middle, and once at home he was able to hold his new little baby brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment