Thursday, June 19, 2008

Expiration Date

I'm not talking about the date on your milk, yogurt, or even the mystery meat in the back of the fridge. I'm talking about your driver's license! I must say that was the last thing on my mind until I found out I was driving around on an expired license. oops. Mike mentioned that his was going to expire soon. What? That is ridiculous. Aren't they good for 5 years or something? From what we can tell in IN, they all expire in 2008 - no matter when you renewed it last. It has always been a necessity to get it renewed or updated until now. You totally remember on your 16th birthday, your 21st birthday and every time you move (which has been a lot for us) Now that we are all settled, it totally slipped my mind. I realized that I voted in the primary with an expired license. I should call them and tell them to cancel my vote!

And don't get me started on going to the BMV. We were fortunate to be one of the only ones there yesterday, but it was the end of the day and everyone was in a hurry. They act like you should know exactly what to do. Just because they do it everyday does not mean I do! The woman was checking my information and she said to me a series of 5 numbers. (for example 6-2-1-7-0) Excuse me I said? She repeated it and then after my confused look informed me she was referring to my height and weight. (that was not my real height at weight of course :) And then the eye test, I always have trouble with that and feel like and idiot. Not trouble actually seeing the numbers, just getting the actual machine to work.

So consider this your public service announcement for the day and check to see if your license has expired!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! I just said to Bobbi yesterday- don't let me forget to renew my license-and it happened to you too!
I have to get mine by my birthday-so time is running out on that one. If only I wasn't in class all day every day.

mo

Jenni S. said...

So did you pass? LOL. At least you don't have to do it again for another couple of years!

D&K said...

Hmm, who did you vote for? Maybe you should cancel your vote!

haha,
Kate (leanin' far, far left)